Greetings from Lean Software.
Newsletter highlights :
- EDT Version 3.2 released - with new Task Print options
- Developer days can now be purchased online - services you can use by the hour.
In this Newsletter:
- Welcome to new clients and interesting projects
- EDT 3.2 new features
- EDT 3.1 problem fixes
- EDT 3.3 development plan
- Upgrading your license - Upgrade Calculator
- Dedicated Analysis/Developer days - services by the hour
- EDT 3.2 Download and Upgrade advice
Welcome to new clients and projects
Welcome to new clients Invesco(US) and BCA(US).
We will be helping BCA to deliver a distributed EDT project - involving remote internet data access.
If you would like to know how to securely connect EDT to remote (web server) data - you might like to check out this online lean workshop:
How to connect and work with Remote Web Server Data
EDT 3.2 new features
- New print options including any number/combination of headers and footers, plus image/logo positioning:
- Task sub-folders can now be created within the application folder - EDT will automatically search sub-folders and display in the task explorer tree.
- Additional prompts - confirm on task save, confirm on exit EDT
- Check file Write permissions before task save
- Print icon added to 'Excel Tools' ribbon Print icon added to File menu
EDT 3.1 problem fixes
- Long text within wrapped cells would not be vertically justified
- The 'Update' SQL setting was resetting back to checked on task edit
- Ribbon was not always expanded - ribbon is now always forced expanded on application load
- Changing the destination schema would not re-load SQL for the selected object correctly
- Sometimes Excel would crash on EDT exit
- Total Row count was out by 1 for Report tasks
- Licence problems where local date format was not dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy
- Column details would refresh twice when changing destination table or procedure
EDT 3.3 development plan
EDT 3.3 will include application command line parameters - allowing you to schedule a suitable EDT task - such as data import.
The parameters will include an alert email address - creating an email on any failure, complete with hyperlink to load and correct any task problems.
We will also publish a help page showing you how to create a hyperlink to an EDT task to allow integration with a number systems. Task parameters can be passed within the hyperlink or command line.
Upgrading your license - Upgrade Calculator
The new V3 Report type tasks present a strong business case to obtain more value and efficiency savings by deploying EDT on a network share and providing access to many users.
There is a Upgrade calculator - available for download : http://leansoftware.net/software/edt_upgrade_calculation.xls
The calculator will be replaced by an online page in due course.
Please contact Office@LeanSoftware.net to arrange your license upgrade.
Dedicated Analysis / Developer days
Lean software additionally provide dedicated services to your company:
- System Analysis and EDT task design
- EDT Task development
- SQL Server development
- C# .NET Development
- Office VBA Development
- Office(VBA) development
- P4W - Partner for Windows Development (Legal Case Management software)
- DNN (Dot Net Nuke CMS) Development
We run a simple system whereby Lean Software team members log any time spent in the above categories against Private Help Desk project entries for your company.
In this way you only pay per hour for our services, as and when they are needed.
When any team member adds a time spent entry - a short description of the activity is added, and you will receive an email as soon as the activity is logged.
Please see the online page :
Purchase Analysis / Developer days
EDT 3.2 Download & Upgrade advice
Download now available from the downloads page:
V3.2 Professional Edition - Production release
1. Backup your EDT V2 task files and backup your EDT application folder.
2. Download V3 from the downloads page : you can use either the Setup program - choosing to install to your existing EDT application folder, or download the EDT zip and extract all files to your EDT application folder.
3. Run EDT_32.exe for Excel 32 bit, or EDT_64.exe if you have the 64 bit version of MS Office.
4. The upgrade is now complete
Please do contact us for help and advice - either via the HelpDesk or directly - Support@LeanSoftware.net
Wishing you a superb day.
Lean Software team